__Interested in learning Unity for the first time?
Want to get a first look at what’’s new in Unity 5?
Want to learn how to port your Unity games onto Windows platforms?
If you answered yes to any of the above, come to one of the Unity 5 Roadshow events happening in cities across Northern America!
Where is the Unity 5 Roadshow?
I will be the one teaching people how to get their apps up and running on Windows 8 and Windows Phone in San Francisco on December 6th.
Why should I attend?
If you ever had any questions about using Microsoft technology or porting to Microsoft platforms with Unity, this is the event to go to!
Likewise, if you are just learning Unity, or want to know more about it, there will be a track teaching you the basics.
Also, there will be prizes! One lucky person will win a Unity Pro license, another will win a Windows device, and every developer who successfully port an app during the Windows Porting Lab will be awarded a Windows Phone!
What’’s the schedule?
8:30 - 9:30am: Registration
9:30 - 11:00am: Welcome & Unity 5 Overview + Services
11:00 - 12:30pm: Break out into & begin separate tracks
12:30 - 1:30pm: Break for lunch
1:30 - 5:00pm: Track 1 - Finish creating your game & prize drawing!
1:30 - 5:00pm: Track 2 - Finish porting your game
5:00 - 6:00pm: Track 2 - Devs demo their newly ported game to the audience & Windows device prize drawing! (Track 1 attendees welcome)
What should I bring?
For the intro track:
- Laptop & power cord; you will receive a Unity 5 Pro beta trial key and download link at the event.
- Mouse (optional—your preference)
- Your printed or mobile ticket for entry
For the porting lab:
- Your printed or mobile ticket for entry and
- A PC (& power cord!) running Windows 8 or 8.1 with Visual Studio 2012 or 2013 and Unity 4.5.1+ installed (Download the latest version of Unity here)
- Mac users bring your laptop with Unity installed, QuickStart parallels kits; Windows 8.1 licenses will be provided. Don’‘t forget your power cord! (Download the latest version of Unity here)
What if I have more questions?
Feel free to ask away!
I hope to see you there. Tell your friends!